Share the Month of Microfinance:
- Host a screening of @BonsaiMovie to see #microcredit in action â€“ empowering women! http://bonsaimovie.com/
- Set up a Table Display – for clubs of all interest levels
- Write an Article – for clubs of all interest levels
- Host a Bookclub – for clubs with high interest and participation
- Invite a Guest Speaker – for clubs with high interest
Review our 7 Ways to Raise Funds and Awareness for MicrofinanceÂ and let us know if you want one-hour of one-on-one time with a MoMF Team Member to help plan a successful event! This is especially helpful if you are doing some of the more involved fundraisers, like the Two Dollar Challenge, summarized below.
An experiential learning exercise in which participants live on $2 a day for five days and four nights.Â Participants must buy all food, hygiene products, and any other â€śluxuriesâ€ť they desire out of their $2 a day income. They also follow other rules designed to simulate the obstacles faced by those in poverty. This event will raise awareness of global poverty and microfinance, as well as funds for their microfinance institution of choice. Â All of the materials campuses and non-profits need to promote and create the Two Dollar Challenge are provided on-line. Participants who complete the week-long challenge experience a visceral understanding of poverty that goes beyond anything they can learn in a classroom.