Start date is Monday 18th July 2016
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will assist in providing office administration, general reception, customer service and general support to ensure efficient operation of Opportunity International Australia’s head office.
A large part of this role involves contacting constituents by phone within Australia, so you will need to have a confident phone manner and be able to utilise database information to communicate with our donors.
- You will be responsible to the Office Administrator on a day-to-day basis.
- Answer incoming and making outgoing phone calls.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Greet visitors and offer refreshments
- Organise couriers, shipping and freight as required
- Monitor stock levels of stationery, office supplies and collateral and order as required
- Keep meeting rooms, staff areas and storeroom tidy
- Maintain fax/printer/copier equipment including troubleshooting breakdowns, ordering paper and toner as required
- Overflow support for the Corporate Services, Communications, Events and Donor Services teams
- Assist with ad hoc projects as required. In particular, you may be asked to take up the management of our archiving process.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of the next Administration Intern.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with their manager and other team meetings as required, as well as regular staff meetings and information sessions with interns from other departments.
- Commitment to work voluntarily, 2 per week over the period of 19 weeks in our Sydney office
- Able to speak confidently on the phone
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks with a can-do attitude and a willingness to assist wherever required
- Self-motivated and a creative thinker.
Criteria for selection
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
- Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
- Commitment to the internship program
- Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
- Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
- Cultural fit with the Opportunity
How to apply
To apply for the voluntary Administration Internship, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please explain:
- Why you would like to intern for Opportunity
- How you think your skills meet the application requirements of the role
- Which days of the week you will be available over the entire internship
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 20th June 2016.
The internship will end on 25th November 2016
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au
Date: 07/18/2016 – 11/25/2016
Contact: Deanna McDonald at email@example.com for more information.