The role will assist in providing office administration, general reception, customer service and general support to ensure efficient operation of Opportunity International Australia’s head office.
• Answer incoming and making outgoing phone calls
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail
• Greet visitors and offer refreshments
• Organise couriers, shipping and freight as required
• Monitor stock levels of stationery, office supplies and collateral and order as required
• Keep meeting rooms, staff areas and storeroom tidy
• Maintain fax/printer/copier equipment including troubleshooting breakdowns, ordering paper and toner as required
• Overflow support for the Corporate Services, Communications, Events and Donor Services teams
• Assist with maintaining travel records
• Assist with ad hoc projects as required
• Assist with the recruitment and training of the next Administration Intern.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with their manager and other team meetings as required, as well as regular staff meetings and information sessions with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, three days per week over the period of 19 weeks in our Sydney office
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Able to speak confidently on the phone
• Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks with a can-do attitude and a willingness to assist wherever required
• Self-motivated and a creative thinker.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the voluntary Administration Internship, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity, how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role and how many days per week you would like to work. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 29 June 2015. Intern start date is 20 July 2015.
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/what-you-can-do/other-ways-to-get-involved/volunteers-and-internships/
Date: 07/20/2015 – 11/27/2015
Contact: at email@example.com for more information.