Opportunity is a not-for-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is an unpaid volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The Communications intern will hone their research, writing, and designing skills to develop a variety of marketing communications in line with Opportunity’s fundraising activities. Previous Communications interns have gone on to find work in the not-for-profit sector, including Greenpeace and The Fred Hollows Foundation.
• Assist with the development of marketing communications (print and online)
• Research and write social media posts and blogs
• Basic design of marketing collateral (brochures, flyers, banners, social media posts)
• Create and edit PowerPoints and short films
• Media monitoring
• Support for fundraising campaigns
• Participate in brainstorming sessions
• Administration support such as collateral stocktaking
• Handover training to new intern at the end of the internship.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Communications team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, three days per week over a period of 18 weeks, in our Sydney office
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading
• Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Experience in social media
• Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
• Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and iMovie or Final Cut Pro would be highly regarded
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
• Self-motivated and a creative thinker.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain highly regarded work experience with a not-for-profit communications team, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 23 October 2015. Intern start date is 23 November 2015.
Location: Sydney, Australia
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/
Date: 11/23/2015 – 03/25/2016
Contact: Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.