Start date is Monday 18th July 2016
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will assist the Communications team by providing back office support for Opportunity International Australia’s fundraising activities. Duties include assistance with writing, research and online communications.
- Assist with development of communications (print, email, PowerPoint and online)
- Media monitoring
- Support for fundraising campaigns
- Assist with social media
- Create and edit video content
- Participate in brainstorm sessions
- Administration support such as sourcing supplier quotes
- Handover training to new intern at the end of the internship.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Communications team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
- Commitment to work voluntarily, two to three days per week over a period of 19 weeks, in our Sydney office
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading
- Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
- Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and iMovie or Final Cut Pro would be highly regarded
- Experience in social media
- Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
- Ability to research
- Self-motivated and a creative thinker.
Criteria for selection
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
- Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
- Commitment to the internship program
- Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
- Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
- Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
How to apply
To apply for the voluntary Communications Internship, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 20th June. Intern start date is 18th July 2016.
Location: Sydney CBD, Australia
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/
Date: 07/18/2016 – 11/25/2016
Contact: Deanna McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.