Director of Storytelling
Zawadisha seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist in marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for an innovative social enterprise.
- Assist in writing and managing weekly e-blasts
- Collect narratives and photos of Zawadisha members
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
Prepare weekly reports and maintain regular contact with supervisor
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Posses excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
Start and end dates are flexible. Pleae note this is an unpaid internship.
Organization Website: http://www.zawadisha.org
Date: 06/01/2016 – 08/01/2016
Contact: Jen Gurecki at email@example.com for more information.