Event Management Internship
Event management Internship
Start date is 21 March 2017
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
This role will assist the Marketing team by providing support for Opportunity International Australia’s fundraising activities. This role offers the opportunity to develop skills in supporter development, fundraising event design and implementation and communication skills whilst also gaining hands-on experience in international development and microfinance.
This position also offers the opportunity to be involved in a range of wider marketing and fundraising activities such as fundraising appeals and campaigns, and the organisation of donor field trips. Interns are also encouraged to attend all events held here in Sydney.
Regular staff and intern training sessions will help interns develop essential technical skills and provide greater insight into the non-profit sector. The Special Events intern will also build in-depth knowledge about microfinance and Opportunity’s program countries.
- Assist with the design, coordination and implementation of our annual midyear May event series across Australia including selecting venues, arranging catering and communicating with key coordinators both before and throughout the events.
- Support other state-wide events on an ad hoc basis
- Work with the Supporter Relations team to enhance the supporter journey through personal engagements such as thanking supporters.
- Collect, enter and analyse data for the event using the supporter database Raiser’s Edge and Campaign Monitor.
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings and brainstorming sessions with Opportunity staff and program partners.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of the next intern.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with their manager and other team meetings as required, as well as regular staff meetings and information sessions with interns from other departments.
- Commitment to work voluntarily, 2 days per week over the period of 19 weeks in our Sydney office
- Current Events or Marketing students or graduates who are looking to gain practical marketing experience
- Creative, fun and ‘switched-on’ individual who has the ability to use their initiative and work independently while part of a team
- Confident communicator with clear written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills, ability to multi task and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Imovie are desirable but not essential.
Criteria for selection
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
- Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
- Commitment to the internship program
- Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
- Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
- Cultural fit with the Opportunity
How to apply
If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain highly regarded work experience with a
not-for-profit Marketing team, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain;
- Why you would like to intern for Opportunity
- How you think your skills meet the requirements of the role
- Which days of the week you will be available over the entire internship
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 22 February 2017
The internship will end on 28 July 2017
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/join-a-community/volunteers-and-internships/
Date: 03/21/2017 – 07/28/2017
Contact: Deanna McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.