EVENTS AND INSIGHT TRIP INTERNSHIP
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will assist the Marketing team by providing back office support for Opportunity International Australia’s fundraising activities. Duties include assisting with events, campaigns and Insight Trips.
• Assist with planning and organisation for events and marketing campaigns
• Design and write event collateral and invitations
• Manage RSVPs for all events
• Research and compile guest profiles
• Assist with administration and planning of Insight Trips
• Contribute to brainstorming sessions
• Handover training to new intern at the end of the internship.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend monthly meetings with the Donor Services team and regular staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, three days per week over the period of 19 weeks at our Sydney office
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading
• Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
• Self-motivated and a creative thinker
• Skills in Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are desirable but not essential.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the voluntary Events and Insight Trip Internship, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 29 June 2015. Intern start date is 20 July 2015.
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/what-you-can-do/other-ways-to-get-involved/volunteers-and-internships/
Date: 07/20/2015 – 11/27/2015
Contact: at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.