Film & Graphic Design Internship
FILM AND GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
Start date is 21 November 2016
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a significant learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will assist the Marketing and Communications team by providing back-office graphic design and video editing support for Opportunity’s fundraising activities. Duties will include assistance with online and offline communications.
Regular staff and intern training sessions will help interns develop essential skills and provide greater insight into the non-profit sector. The Film and Graphic Design Intern will also have a unique opportunity to contribute to shaping Opportunity’s national brand.
• Help with design of templates for reports, proposals, event invitations, brochures and flyers
• Design infographics, icons and maps
• Organise and edit photos in image library
• Design elements for online communications
• Create and edit video content to upload onto YouTube and Opportunity’s website
• Provide feedback and improvements on existing designs and collateral
• Provide feedback and improvements on existing designs and collateral.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Marketing and Communications team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, two to three days per week over a period of 18 weeks, in our Sydney office
• Strong design skills (ideally studying design at university or college)
• Demonstrated experience in successfully designing to a specific brief
• Self-motivated and a creative thinker
• Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Publisher
• Knowledge of Final Cut Pro or iMovie
• Knowledge of YouTube
• Clear verbal communication skills
• Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
• Personal access to a Mac computer with Adobe Creative Suite would also be helpful, but not essential.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the voluntary Film and Graphic Design Internship, simply email your resume, portfolio (no more than 5MB) and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern at Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter and portfolio will not be considered.
Applications close 24 October 2016. Intern start date is 21 November 2016
Location: Sydney CBD, Australia
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/
Date: 11/21/2016 – 03/24/2017
Contact: Deanna McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.