KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT & DATABASE INTERNSHIP
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will support the Marketing team by providing back office support for Opportunity International Australia’s fundraising activities. This role will suit someone who is seeking a future working with databases and information management.
• Ensure donor database (Raiser’s Edge) is updated to reflect all current donor information
• Data integrity validation tests to maintain clean database
• Ensure users are complying to Raiser’s Edge business rules
• Assist in overseeing the stability, access, data quality and information flow within databases
• Support the analysis and dissemination of up-to-date information
• Provide overflow administration support and assist with ad hoc projects as required
• Assist with the recruitment and training of the next Knowledge Management & Database intern.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Donor Services team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, three to four days a week over a period of 19 weeks in our Sydney office
• Previous use of a database essential (does not have to be Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce specifically)
• Well organised with meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to learn and the ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Clear written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the voluntary Knowledge Management and Database Internship, simply email us your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 29 June 2015. Intern start date is 20 July 2015
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/what-you-can-do/other-ways-to-get-involved/volunteers-and-internships/
Date: 07/20/2015 – 11/27/2015
Contact: at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.