MARKETING & CAMPAIGNS INTERNSHIP
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
This role will assist the Marketing team by providing support for Opportunity International Australia’s fundraising activities. This role offers the opportunity to develop skills in supporter development, fundraising campaign design and implementation and communication skills whilst also gaining hands-on experience in international development and the coordination of event, supporter field trips (Insight Trips) and Opportunity’s youth engagement program.
Regular staff and intern training sessions will help interns develop essential technical skills and provide greater insight into the non-profit sector. The Marketing & Campaigns Intern will also build in-depth knowledge about microfinance and Opportunity’s program countries.
• Assist with the coordination and implementation of various marketing campaigns, including Opportunity’s youth engagement program.
• Assist with event design, planning and delivery for all national and state events, including but not limited to selecting venues, arranging catering and providing support both before and throughout the events.
• Assist with the coordination of supporter field trips, including but not limited to liaising with staff, donors and field partners, coordinating the distribution of trip materials and collecting the required documentation.
• Assist with the design and writing of event and Insight Trip collateral including invitations, flyers, brochures and Insight Trip booklets.
• Manage RSVPs for all events and Insight Trips using the donor database Raiser’s Edge.
• Contribute to brainstorming sessions and team meetings
• Assist with the recruitment and training of the next Marketing & Campaigns intern.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, two to three days per week over the period of 18 weeks at our Sydney office
• Confident communicator with clear written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading
• Ability to use initiative and work independently while part of a team
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail are essential
• Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook essential
• Flexible with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
• Self-motivated and a creative thinker
• Skills in Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are desirable but not essential.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain highly regarded work experience with a not-for-profit marketing team, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 23 October 2015. Intern start date is 23 November 2015.
Location: Sydney, Australia
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/
Date: 10/23/2015 – 03/25/2016
Contact: Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.