Start date is week of Monday 21st March 2016
Opportunity International Australia is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will assist the Marketing team by providing support for Opportunity’s fundraising activities. The role offers the opportunity to develop hands-on skills in stakeholder management, campaign design and implementation and supporter development and cultivation.
The role will primarily work alongside the Marketing Director on a four month marketing campaign incorporating lead generation through digital channels, telemarketing and conversion of leads to supporters.
The Marketing Intern will also build in-depth knowledge about microfinance and Opportunity’s program countries.
• Campaign design assistance
• Coordination of communication collateral
• Outbound calls to prospective supporters
• Personal engagement with supporters.
• Overflow support for the Communications and Marketing teams.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with their manager and other team meetings as required, as well as regular staff meetings and information sessions with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, two days per week over a period of 18 weeks in our Melbourne office
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Able to speak confidently on the phone
• Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks with a can-do attitude and a willingness to assist wherever required
• Self-motivated and a creative thinker.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Relationship or fundraising experience
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the voluntary Marketing Internship, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity, how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role and how many days per week you would like to work. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 17 February 2016.
Location: Box Hill, Melbourne Victoria
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/what-you-can-do/other-ways-to-get-involved/volunteers-and-internships
Date: 03/21/2016 – 07/22/2016
Contact: Deanna McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.