Programs and Investment Analyst Internship
PROGRAMS AND INVESTMENT ANALYST INTERNSHIP
Start date Monday 20 July 2015.
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will assist the Programs and Investment Services teams. Working with the Investment Services Director, main responsibilities will be to improve portfolio analysis and overseas partner reporting and support the effectiveness of Opportunity’s partner knowledge management database. This analyst role offers the opportunity to develop your finance and analytical skills and will ideally suit an applicant with several years’ experience in an investments or finance role who is seeking exposure to the social impact investment environment.
• Support the capture and dissemination of up-to-date partner and program information
• Review trends and identify issues in partner operations
• Support the effective use of Opportunity’s partner knowledge management database
• Assist in overseeing the stability, access, data quality and information flow of knowledge management systems
• Support due diligence on potential new partnerships
• Assist in preparing information for the Board of Directors and senior management
• Assist in maintaining investment partnership records including Board minutes and new partnership, debt and equity agreements
• Research industry issues as required
• Assist Marketing in reporting to donors
• Assist in recruiting and training the next intern.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Investment Services team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, three to four days a week over a period of 19 weeks in our Sydney office
• Tertiary qualifications in finance or economics essential
• Experience in an advisory or finance role preferable
• Very good excel modelling skills
• Some systems implementation exposure and project management experience preferable
• Ability to work independently and liaise with international colleagues
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Confident communicator with clear written and verbal communication skills
• Well organised with meticulous attention to detail
• Flexible with a can-do attitude and a willingness to help wherever is needed.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best fit with the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/what-you-can-do/other-ways-to-get-involved/volunteers-and-internships/programs-and-investment-analyst-internship
Date: 07/20/2015 – 11/27/2015
Contact: Sarah at email@example.com for more information.