The Reporting and Research Intern will assist the Donor Services teams by providing back office support for Opportunity International Australia’s fundraising activities. Duties will include desktop and database research, the writing of engaging collateral and support for our engagements with supporters and the broader philanthropic sector. This role offers the opportunity to develop your analytical and communication skills while also providing hands-on experience in strategic research, impact reporting and international development.
• Assist with production and distribution of impact reports for supporters
• Interpret and analyse data sent from our program partners
• Conduct additional research to add context to report information
• Write and edit stories and profiles
• Assist with reports design and layout.
• Source and monitor relevant academic and published literature
• Conduct desktop research on Australian corporates and philanthropists
• Assist with content preparation and design of program proposals, internal briefings and presentations
• Ad hoc video editing tasks
• Collect and analyse data using the donor database, Raiser’s Edge and programs database, PKMD
• Participate in and contribute to staff meetings and conference calls with Opportunity’s overseas partners
• Assist with the recruitment and training of the next Reporting and Research Intern.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Donor Services team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, two to three days a week over a period of 19 weeks in our Sydney office
• Post secondary qualifications necessary (diploma or degree – communications or international studies desirable)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks simultaneously
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Clear written and verbal communication skills, with experience in writing, research and analytical skills
• Well organised with a meticulous attention to detail
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
• Experience with Photoshop and iMovie or FinalCutPro is highly desirable
• Knowledge of the Sydney financial and philanthropy markets is desirable.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the voluntary Reporting and Research Internship, simply email your resume, cover letter (no more than one page) and sample of your writing (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close Feb 16. Intern start date is March 16.
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/
Date: 03/16/2015 – 07/24/2015
Contact: Emma Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.