REPORTING AND RESEARCH INTERNSHIP
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a significant learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
This role offers the opportunity to develop analytical and communication skills while also gaining hands-on experience in strategic research, impact reporting and international development. Duties will include desktop and database research, writing engaging collateral and providing support for Opportunity’s engagements with supporters and the broader philanthropic sector.
• Assist with production and distribution of impact reports for supporters
• Interpret and analyse data sent from our program partners
• Conduct additional research to add context to report information
• Write and edit stories and profiles
• Assist with reports design and layout.
• Source and monitor relevant academic and published literature
• Conduct desktop research on Australian corporates and philanthropists
• Assist with content preparation and design of program proposals, internal briefings and presentations
• Ad hoc video editing tasks
• Collect and analyse data using the donor database, Raiser’s Edge and programs database, PKMD
• Participate in and contribute to staff meetings and conference calls with Opportunity’s overseas partners
• Assist with the recruitment and training of the next Reporting and Research Intern.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Marketing team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, two to three days a week over a period of 19 weeks in our Sydney office
• Post secondary qualifications necessary (diploma or degree – communications or international studies desirable)
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks simultaneously
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Clear written and verbal communication skills, with experience in writing, research and analytical skills
• Well organised with a meticulous attention to detail
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
• Experience with Photoshop and iMovie or FinalCutPro is highly desirable
• Knowledge of the Sydney financial and philanthropy markets is desirable.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the voluntary Reporting and Research Internship, simply email your resume, cover letter (no more than one page) and sample of your writing (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 29 June 2015. Intern start date is 20 July 2015.
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/what-you-can-do/other-ways-to-get-involved/volunteers-and-internships/
Date: 07/20/2015 – 11/27/2015
Contact: at email@example.com for more information.