Research and Writing Internship
RESEARCH AND WRITING Internship
Start date is Monday 21 November.
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will assist the Communications team by providing back office support for Opportunity International Australia’s fundraising activities. Duties include assistance with writing, research and online communications.
- Research and write marketing communications (print, email, PowerPoint and online)
- Conduct desktop research on Australian corporates and charities
- Upload content onto web, social media and e-communications platforms
- Media monitoring
- Support for fundraising campaigns
- Actively participate in brainstorming sessions
- Administration support such as sourcing supplier quotes
- Handover training to new intern at the end of the internship.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the Communications team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
- Commitment to work voluntarily, two to three days per week over a period of 18 weeks, in our Sydney office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in writing, editing and proofreading content
- Solid research and referencing skills
- Demonstrated experience using social media platforms, web CMS’s and e-communications software
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail, particularly when writing (grammar, punctuation, tone etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
- Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
- Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
- Self-motivated and a creative thinker.
Criteria for selection
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
- Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
- Commitment to the internship program
- Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
- Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
- Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
How to apply
To apply for the voluntary Research and Writing Internship, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 24 October 2016. Intern start date is 21 November 2016.
Location: Sydney CBD, Australia
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/
Date: 11/21/2016 – 03/21/2017
Contact: Deanna McDonald at email@example.com for more information.