Social Performance Management Internship
Social Performance Management internship
Start date is Monday 18 July 2016
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will assist our team in developing tools to manage, report and disseminate the information coming through our Social Performance Management (SPM) program. A major objective for this role will be to support the team in researching the most recent developments on best practice in SPM and the wider microfinance sector. As a team we work on a global program to help our partners (+40) measure their performance and implement changes to improve the outreach and services that they provide to the poor. This will be a multitasking role which will include tasks around industry research, knowledge management, data analysis, writing reports and building communication materials to promote and share the program’s progress and results.
Social Performance Management – The Program
SPM helps us translate our social mission into practice. The objective of the program is to continuously see improving outcomes for clients, made possible through the use of consistent and comprehensive social data as well as implementing and maintaining best practices in serving our clients. Such information allows Opportunity and our local partners to better understand, improve and reflect on our social performance. Please go to our website spm.opportunity.org or read our 2015 Social Performance Report for more details about the program.
- Research industry publications on SPM or other microfinance developments
- Help review social performance information submitted by our MFI partners to date
- Assist the team in the analysis, aggregation and management of social data reported
- Manage the “SPM Hub” knowledge platform: develop and edit existing content and monitor usage statistics in WordPress
- Support the team in writing blogs, presentations and reports that will help us in promoting the program externally and publishing results to date
- Assist in the editing and preparation of Opportunity’s annual social performance report
- Support the team in ad hoc tasks and processes, as well as functions in other departments and administrative tasks
- Assist in recruitment of new intern and handover training towards the end of the internship
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with the SPM team as well as staff meetings and training with interns from other departments.
- Commitment to work voluntarily, at least two or three days a week over a period of 19 weeks in our Sydney office
- Tertiary qualification in finance, economics, business, international development or related field is essential
- Confident communicator with clear written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with analytical mindset
- Ability to research topics and write high-quality reports in English
- Experience in visualisation and reporting of data
- Competent in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of WordPress, website design and digital content development an advantage
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
- Organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Ability to work independently and liaise with international colleagues, with strong team spirit but self-driven
- Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
- Flexible with a can-do attitude and a willingness to help wherever is needed
Criteria for selection
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
- Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
- Commitment to the internship program
- Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
- Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
- Cultural fit with the Opportunity team
How to apply
To apply for the voluntary Social Performance Management Internship, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern at Opportunity and how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 20 June 2016. Intern start date is 18 July 2016. The internship will end on 25th November 2016.
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/
Date: 07/18/2016 – 11/25/2016
Contact: Deanna McDonald at email@example.com for more information.