Supporter Development Internship
supporter development Internship
Start date is Monday 18th July 2016
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
This role will assist the Marketing team by providing support for Opportunity International Australia’s fundraising activities. This role offers the opportunity to develop skills in supporter development, fundraising campaign design and implementation and communication skills whilst also gaining hands-on experience in international development and the coordination of events, supporter field trips (Insight Trips) and Opportunity’s Youth Engagement program.
Regular staff and intern training sessions will help interns develop essential technical skills and provide greater insight into the non-profit sector. The Supporter Development intern will also build in-depth knowledge about microfinance and Opportunity’s program countries.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of various marketing campaigns, including Opportunity’s youth engagement program, peer-to-peer fundraising and general marketing appeals.
- Contribute to the design, planning and delivery of all state and national events, including selecting venues, arranging catering and communicating with key coordinators both before and throughout the events.
- Assist with the coordination of supporter field trips (Insight Trips) including liaising with staff, supporters and field partners and developing and distributing trip specific collateral.
- Work with the Supporter Relations team to enhance the supporter journey through personal engagements such as thank you videos.
- Collect, enter and analyse data for all events using the supporter database Raiser’s Edge and Campaign Monitor.
- Participate in and contribute to team meetings and brainstorming sessions with Opportunity staff and program partners.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of the next Supporter Development intern.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with their manager and other team meetings as required, as well as regular staff meetings and information sessions with interns from other departments.
- Commitment to work voluntarily, 2 days per week over the period of 19 weeks in our Sydney office
- Confident communicator with clear written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading
- Ability to use initiative and work independently while part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
- Organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Flexible with a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks
- Self-motivated and a creative thinker
- Skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Imovie are desirable but not essential.
Criteria for selection
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
- Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
- Commitment to the internship program
- Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
- Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
- Cultural fit with the Opportunity
How to apply
If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain highly regarded work experience with a
not-for-profit Marketing team, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please explain;
- Why you would like to intern for Opportunity
- How you think your skills meet the requirements of the role
- Which days of the week you will be available over the entire internship
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 20th June 2016.
The internship will end on 25th November 2016
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au
Date: 07/18/2016 – 11/25/2016
Contact: Deanna McDonald at email@example.com for more information.