Supporter Relations Internship
SUPPORTER RELATIONS INTERNSHIP
Start date is week of Monday 21st March 2016
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
The role will assist in engaging and recognising our supporters to ensure efficient operation of Opportunity International Australia’s fundraising department.
• Personal engagement with supporters.
• Recognition of supporters via thank you videos, emails and thank you cards.
• Overflow support for the Communications and Marketing teams.
• Assist with event design, planning and delivery for all state events as required.
• Assist with ad hoc projects as required.
• Assist with the recruitment and training of the next Supporter Relations Intern.
• Assist with the recruitment and training of volunteers.
• Assist with research and data mining potential prospects.
The intern will have the opportunity to attend regular meetings with their manager and other team meetings as required, as well as regular staff meetings and information sessions with interns from other departments.
• Commitment to work voluntarily, two days per week over a period of 18 weeks in our Sydney office
• Clear written and verbal communication skills
• Able to speak confidently on the phone
• Initiative and the ability to work independently while part of a team
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work efficiently
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Willingness to learn and undertake a variety of tasks with a can-do attitude and a willingness to assist wherever required
• Self-motivated and a creative thinker.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
• Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
• Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
• Relationship or fundraising experience
• Commitment to the internship program
• Passion for helping families out of poverty through microfinance
• Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
• Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the voluntary Supporter Relations Internship, simply email your resume and a cover letter (no more than one page) to email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you would like to intern for Opportunity, how you think your skills meet the requirements of the role and how many days per week you would like to work. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close 17 February 2016.
Location: Sydney CBD
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/what-you-can-do/other-ways-to-get-involved/volunteers-and-internships
Date: 03/21/2016 – 07/22/2016
Contact: Deanna McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.