Web & Digital Media Intern
Web and digital media intern
Opportunity is a non-profit organisation that relies on the great work our volunteer team carries out. This is a volunteer role that will provide the successful applicant with a wonderful learning opportunity. No employment relationship will be created between Opportunity and the successful applicant.
- Be part of something SIGNIFICANT
- Internationally focused development organisation
- Highly professional and energetic team
Opportunity International Australia requires a Web and Digital Media Intern to join its Head Office in CBD Sydney.
Opportunity is a global leader in the provision of microfinance and other support services as a means of providing lasting solutions to poverty. Opportunity provides families living in poverty in developing countries with access to capital, other financial services and business training to start and expand small businesses. The income generated enables them to put food on the table, educate their children and free themselves from poverty. For further information see www.opportunity.org.au.
- Web page design and edits through ModX (and basic HTML), primarily using InDesign and Photoshop
- SEO and SEM marketing
- Development of social media posts
- Building emails and reporting using Campaign Monitor
- Web and social analytics and identifying areas of improvement/success
- Creating and editing film content
- Providing assistance to marketing and communications team.
You will be a reliable and conscientious person with a flexible attitude to manage in a fast-paced and changing environment. You will be able and willing to think on your feet and provide initiative in developing Opportunity’s web and digital media portfolio. You can expect to gain a wide variety of skills whilst helping Opportunity create a significant impact on families living in poverty.
Criteria for selection
Interns will be selected based on the intern selection committee’s judgement of best suitability to the following criteria:
- Commitment to the core values and aims of Opportunity
- Commitment to work voluntarily, two to three days per week over a period of 19 weeks, in our Sydney office
- Skills suitability (as per the application requirements)
- Commitment to the internship program
- Passion for helping families free themselves from poverty through microfinance
- Compassionate, flexible and cooperative
- Cultural fit with the Opportunity team.
As part of a Christian organisation, the successful candidate will be committed to our mission of poverty alleviation and serving the poor.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume with a covering letter explaining why you would like to work for our organisation to email@example.com (Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.)
Applications close 24 February 2017. Commencement Date 21 March 2017
Location: Sydney CBD - Australia
Organization: Opportunity International Australia
Organization Website: http://opportunity.org.au/join-a-community/volunteers-and-internships/
Date: 03/21/2017 – 07/28/2017
Contact: Deanna McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.